Searching for more details using only lead ID.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Searching for more details using only lead ID.

I have recently tracked about 15 leads who have clicked on a link in my landing page. However, only 3 of the 15 have names etc. listed with them. The rest have no information except the lead ID. Is there a spot that I could look up the Lead ID and figure out these missing names?

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Searching for more details using only lead ID.

Hi Jaime,

It's possible to get to a lead record by altering the url of another lead.  Open any lead record in your instance, and replace the lead id at the end of the url with the one you've found.  Here is a link from a test instance for reference.

https://app-sjst.marketo.com/leadDatabase/loadLeadDetail?leadId=1000008

This is going to give you all the information about the lead that has been stored in your database.  There isn't anywhere, as far as I'm aware, that you can get any more information on a lead id.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

This was very helpful - thank you so much for the quick response. However, it tells me "Lead not found" when I do that. I'm still confused as to why these leads showed up without a name in the first place. Any thoughts? (see the screenshot below)

Screen Grab.png

Jaime

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Jaime,

Depending on the type of trigger you're using in your campaign, it's possible for anonymous leads to qualify for your campaign.  This is good for scoring campaigns when you want both Known and Anonymous leads to get points for visiting a webpage or clicking a link, but in the case of alerts it doesn't help to have then run through the campaign.

What I would recommend is to add an Is Anonymous > Is False filter to whatever other filters you have in your smartlist in this campaign.  That will ensure only those leads without any useful information can't get through.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was tremendously helpful!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Jaime

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I am having this issue now, and the anonymous filter was removed as per the Marketo release. As you can see below, these are all MQL's that are coming through blank. Any suggestions on how to fix it now that the anonymous filter is gone?

pastedImage_0.png