SOLVED

Can you add the Marketo Sales Insight iFrame on the Opportunity Entity or other Custom Entitys in Dynamics CRM?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you add the Marketo Sales Insight iFrame on the Opportunity Entity or other Custom Entitys in Dynamics CRM?

Just wondering if anyone has added the MSI iFrame in the Marketo solution to the Opportunity Entity or another Entity like Account?

THanks

Todd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Can you add the Marketo Sales Insight iFrame on the Opportunity Entity or other Custom Entitys in Dynamics CRM?

Hi Todd,

This isn't currently possible, as Sales Insight is focused on the Lead and Contact information only.  It draws its data from Marketo directly, and the only data Marketo has on Accounts and Opps already exists in SFDC.

John

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Can you add the Marketo Sales Insight iFrame on the Opportunity Entity or other Custom Entitys in Dynamics CRM?

Hi Todd,

This isn't currently possible, as Sales Insight is focused on the Lead and Contact information only.  It draws its data from Marketo directly, and the only data Marketo has on Accounts and Opps already exists in SFDC.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

Is it possible to wire up the Sales InSight iFrame to pass the Contact context to Marketo to retrieve the data if we were to display it on the opportunity entity ? So it mirrors exactly what it does on the Contact Entity, just displayed on the Opportunity Entity.

Cheers

Todd

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Todd,

I actually misspoke.  I've done some more research, and you can add the Sales Insight window to the Opportunity and Account layout.  This will have a little more limited view of the data, and it will only show the information for contacts associated with whatever Opportunity or Account you're currently looking at, but it can be done.

Step 13 in the Sales Insight article below states:

13. Repeat this process to add Visualforce page sections for Contact, Account, and Opportunity and Sales Insight fields for Contact, and Lead.

https://docs.marketo.com/pages/releaseview.action?pageId=2360368#ConfigureMarketoSalesInsightinSales...

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

I'm working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Not Salesforce ... Do you have Relevant documentation to that point?

Todd

Amrit_Tandon
Marketo Employee

Hi John,

I am Tech Consultant with Marketo and confirmed with my team that MSI is only available for Leads and Contacts in MSD.

Thanks,

Amrit