Title: Outbound Marketing Specialist
Company: Appia, Inc.
Location: Durham, NC
Compensations: Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Reports to: Director, Revenue Marketing
The Outbound Marketing Specialist on Appia’s Revenue Marketing team supports our demand generation strategy by leveraging multiple channels and program tactics, including but not limited to: email marketing, syndicated campaigns, database management, webinars, real-time web personalization, and more. The right candidate for this position MUST have significant hands-on marketing automation experience using Marketo, along with a mix of proven ability to develop marketing communications for various channels to drive demand and funnel conversions, solid analytic skills to measure and report on the effectiveness of programs, obsessive attention to detail, and desire to excel and over-achieve at every step of the way.
- Manage our Marketo account, implementing its capabilities to the fullest extent possible, while optimizing for performance.
- Draft, write, edit, proof-read, and launch targeted email marketing campaigns
- Own database management tasks designed to increase program and tactic effectiveness
- Drive the execution of select paid programs (e.g. sponsored email, content syndication, virtual events, etc.) including vendor management, contract processing, offer selection, testing and optimization, list uploads, etc.; conduct program/channel analysis
- Collaborate with the marketing team on the development of new assets, including flyers, ebooks, blog posts, white papers, and more to ensure that you have the latest most compelling content for the target audience
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation
- Produce custom reports in Marketo and Google analytics to measure the performance of your campaigns
- Build webinar programs, promote them, and moderate webinar sessions with other speakers; webinar speaking experience a plus
- Participate in the brainstorming and implementation of new programs, tactics, and processes that will accelerate the achievement of Appia’s strategic and revenue goals
- Perform general administrative support for marketing team, including scheduling, material production, and shipping
- Must be Marketo Certified or have at least 2 years of hands-on experience using Marketo
- 3-5 years of experience working in marketing communications with a focus on demand generation/lead generation
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Self-starter, can work independently and proactively to resolve issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data, identify trends, analyze program effectiveness and ROI
- Extreme attention to detail, time management, organization skills
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Technically savvy – ability and drive to learn new software skills
- Excellent stakeholder management, project management, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a passion for learning industry-leading marketing technologies, tactics, and best practices
- Proficiency with HTML, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must have positive and flexible attitude for working in a fast-paced team, and across various functions
About Appia (A Digital Turbine Company)
Appia is the leading independent mobile user acquisition network. Appia has delivered more than 100 million app installs for hundreds of advertisers, including 60 of the top 100 grossing apps on the App Store and Google Play. Appia provides the technology, infrastructure, and scale to provide higher lifetime value users for advertisers while driving positive return on ad spend. In addition, Appia partners with a diverse set of publishers including app developers, mobile websites, and carriers to maximize their advertising revenue. Currently Appia operates in multiple offices worldwide including San Francisco, Singapore, Durham, Beijing, Cork, and Mexico City. More information is available at www.appia.com, @Appia, and Appia’s Blog.