Socrata is a great place to be a marketeer! We're developing new technology solutions that yield rich, personal interest success stories that are fun to tell. Our public sector customers are collaborative and creative and love working with our team, and we are in a position of authority and thought leadership in the market. It's not your typical B2B marketing job.
Our team drives results, strives to improve programs, and builds strong relationships. We often lead collaborative, cross-departmental initiatives. Our ideal team member embraces challenges, solves problems and is highly agile—skilled at adjusting to fast-changing business priorities. We want someone who loves what they do and cares about the people he/she works with.
The Marketing Manager will create, implement and manage demand gen programs to meet pipeline goals. The manager will work closely with marketing and sales teams on the creation of campaigns and programs with a focus on webinars.
How We Envision The Ideal Candidate
- You are an accomplished marketer with a minimum of 4 years marketing experience, preferably in technology industry and/or public sector, with a focus on digital programs, including webinars
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and have experience working at a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, preferably with at least 1-2 years of software startup company experience
- You are experienced in creating and implementing programs with a strong aptitude for project management
- You have a successful record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customers
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a proactive approach to problem identification and solving, and are willing to dig in and inspect data to get to the root cause of any issues quickly
- You are a self-starter who has the ability to juggle multiple, demanding initiatives concurrently
What you’ll be doing...
- Create and manage demand gen programs, including webinars and online campaigns to drive net new leads
- Develop programs specific to top segments, verticals, and personas to accelerate conversions
- Partner with the Marcom team to leverage existing content and identify new content needed to move buyers through the buyer’s journey
- Leverage customer evidence and use cases to build lead generation programs
- Develop and manage a set of metrics that clearly measure all programs and refine as needed
On a typical day, you might…
- Develop a quarterly webinar strategy and plan that covers all segments and personas
- Create a presentation for webinar that you’ll send to speakers for review
- Analyze leads generated from last month’s programs; determine which ones were most effective, which ones warrant refinements and which ones to retire
- Brainstorm new ways to distribute recorded webinars
- Present a new program to the product, marketing and sales teams
The Marketing Manager will join a high performing, collaborative marketing team. Reports to the Director, Demand Generation. The position is based at our headquarters in Seattle, WA.
At Socrata, we believe that data – when made transparently accessible – can illuminate, inform and inspire. Socrata builds cloud-based software products that democratize access to public sector data and put it into people’s hands so they can use it at work, at home and on the go. Over time we’ll broaden our market position to other data rich industries, in addition to the public sector.
How safe is my neighborhood? Where should I catch the next bus? Which healthcare plan should I choose for my family? Answers to quality of life questions such as these are buried in troves of government data. Too often, this data is inaccessible and only useful if you’re a database administrator, or a data scientist. We’re out to change that.
Socrata is the first software company to focus exclusively on enabling public sector organizations to aggregate and consumerize their vast reserves of untapped open data. At the local, state and national levels of public institutions globally, Socrata’s software platform and solutions are providing 21st century, data-driven web and mobile experiences for improving transparency, measuring performance, and facilitating a new era of fact-based decision-making.
Socrata's serves some of the leading government and multi-lateral organizations globally including: the US Federal Government and many federal agencies; a number of states including Illinois, Indiana, Maryland and New York; most major US cities including New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle and Boston; many counties; several foreign governments; and the most recognizable and prestigious non-governmental organizations (NGOs) including the World Bank, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the United Nations. Revenue has grown by more than 300% year-over-year, the last two years. We are based in Seattle WA, with offices in Washington DC and London UK.
How We Act
At Socrata, We Are a Body Of People, Working As One To Fulfill Our Mission – To Unleash The Power Of Data To Improve The World Around Us. How We Act – With Each Other And Our Customers – Embodies The Core Values And Our Code Of Conduct
- We value big ideas and creative execution
- We build open and honest relationships
- We are results driven and accountable
- We celebrate success together
- We aspire to be remarkable
Do you share our values? Does this appear to the kind of environment where you’ll feel empowered to do your best and most meaningful work?
What We Offer
Competitive base salary, a generous stock option package and great benefits are offered. In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with an intelligent, passionate and positive team of awesome people who are dedicated to making a difference and improving the world.
Socrata is an equal opportunity employer.