Remove a lead from a list generated by online form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove a lead from a list generated by online form

How do I remove a lead who has signed up for a list using an online form? I can find ways to remove them from Marketo and CRM entirely, but not to remove them from the list. When I right-click on the lead, there is an option to "Remove from List," but the only lists that are available are ones that I have uploaded, not the list generated by the online form. 
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove a lead from a list generated by online form

When you say "List Generated by Form", what do you mean? Where in the application are you looking at this? That'll help me make a suggestion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an online form created through the Marketing Activities section. The data then populates a list (the list is based on anyone who completed the form). Does that answer the question?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Jeanne, are you going into the list, selecting a person, and then selecting remove from list (at the top of the list screen)? This should be a single flow action, and shouldn't give you options of which list to remove someone from. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't appear to be an option based on my list. This is a smart list generated using the filter criteria of a lead filling out a certain form. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to update a lead’s activity history to show they didn’t fill out the form, which would remove them from the smart list when the query runs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see now, you've made a Smart List on the filled out form activity.

No, that isn't something you can change. The fact that the activity occured can't be removed.

If you wanted, you could add those people to a static list and then remove this one person, or you could add a filter removing specific leads.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! This is exactly that I was looking for.

Do you have any suggestions for which filters I should add to the Smart List to remove specific leads?

Thank you!

ETA: Nevermind, I think I may have figured it out. I see how to filter the Smart List to only include only those NOT IN a specific static list and/or whose email address IS NOT the email address of the lead(s) that should be removed. Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it's going to be a lot of leads, I'd add them to a Static List and use "Not member of Static List", if it'll only be a few, just do "Email Address is Not"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!