I would look at developers.marketo.com and anything on Custom Objects and API.
The short answer is yes, you can do this, assuming your CRM is available to the internet and can use Marketo's API. This is a technical task that will require a lot of planning from your CRM Admin, tech/developer, and you.
- Fields to map
- Which fields and systems win?
- What's in the CRM that's not in SFDC? Do youreally need to do this?
- Do you need to setup special objects?
- How is the sync going to work? One way? Bidirectional? Controlled in some way?
- How will you deal with dupes?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
You need to be aware that if you already are using the native integration, some of the functionality on developers.marketo.com won't work for your instance. I'm specifically thinking of the company and salesperson/user APIs, which only work for organizations that aren't using a native sync. You should be able to use lead, activity, opportunity, and custom object APIs though.
Also, please make sure you batch your calls when you build the integration or you're going to use way more API calls and have worse performance than necessary.