Request Campaign - Examples

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Request Campaign - Examples

I've been using Marketo for almost 2 years now and I guess I never really familiarized myself with "Request Campaign". I've looked up related documents, but I still don't have a concise idea of what exactly this feature is useful for and how it can make my life easier.

Can anyone provide real, working examples of how they currently use this feature and how it has made their lives easier? Or any advanced documentation would be helpful too.

Also, can someone provide examples as to how this is beneficiary when connected to Salesforce? Under Smart List, for "Campaign is Requested" I see an area for "Source", which includes "Marketo Flow Action" and "Sales Insight", though I'm not sure exactly what these are for.

Thanks!

Related Documents:

https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Request%20Campaign - Request Campaign Doc via Marketo

https://nation.marketo.com/thread/26499 - "Campaign is Requested Trigger - what does it do?" [discussion]

Request Campaign -  - "Request Campaign" [discussion]

Message was edited by: Malik Zafar

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Request Campaign - Examples

This is useful in a variety of ways

http://hub.uberflip.com/h/i/117777293-5-marketo-hacks-that-will-turn-you-into-a-marketing-automation...

is where I describe that and refer to some of the discussions you mentioned.

It's helpful to use for situations where you might have otherwise needed to use Wait Steps to manage race conditions or wait for SFDC to update data.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Awesome, I came across your article prior to posting this discussion but hadn't had a chance to read through it yet - I also found a webinar on that same website "Marketing Automation Hacks" which was a real eye-opener, and it's where I was first introduced to the concept of Request Campaigns and how they might be useful.

Thanks Josh! I'll read your article and let you know if I have any further questions.

Dan_Stevens_

We use "request campaign" flow steps throughout our complex lead lifecycle workflows in Marketo.  Just to give you an idea of the complexity of these, here's our tree structure for LL:

Capture.PNG

Many of the smart campaigns include a variety of custom logic to not only ensure we are doing the "right" thing based on specific behaviors, but also properly move them along our revenue model, lead lifecycles statuses, etc.  In terms of potential MQL assignment - whether it's fast-tracked, achieved via lead score threshold, or a lead "raising their hand" at an event - various/detailed alerts are sent out to Marketing (once the lead has been synced to CRM) so that they can action the lead in CRM (assign to Sales, disqualify or recycle).  Each of these campaigns used to include this complex/detailed routing logic.  Today, we have built centralized routing campaigns (listed under "LL Operational") that are called/requested from many of our smart campaigns.  This allows us to maintain a single smart campaign vs. updating the logic/flow steps in every one of our campaigns.  This is a HUGE time saver for us.  Especially when syncing and routing leads/sending alerts to 21 country marketers based on the "country" value of the lead.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Thanks for the screenshot and detailed description! I'm not positive that we have an immediate need for this, though it might help simplify some stuff for us (still looking into it).

Currently, we have triggers at the program level, versus having a master-trigger that controls certain events like a form fill outs, lead transfers, etc.

Dan_Stevens_

Just to make sure it's clear, the actual behavior/program statuses (like form fill-out) are contained locally within our programs.  Leads only proceed in our central lead lifecycle processes when certain behaviors take place and/or triggers are activated.