How to populate a custom field, Lead Score Exceeds 99

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to populate a custom field, Lead Score Exceeds 99

We created a custom field called "Score Exceeds 99", a date field. Our goal is to have Marketo populate this field with the date the lead's Lead Score first exceeds 99...then sync this date field to Salesforce.com. Syncing to SFDC is not the problem...the problem is I'm not sure how to get this field populated with the date the score first goes over 99, if that's even possible! I also don't want this field overwritten everytime the score changes while it's above 100...I only want it to populate a date the first time it exceeds 99. Does that make sense? Anyone else do something similar? Any tips on how to get this idea to work? Thank you ahead of time!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Re: How to populate a custom field, Lead Score Exceeds 99

You can set up a trigger campaign anytime the score moves from less than 100 to over 100 and set the qualification rules to only run the lead through the campaign once.  Use the current system date token to populate the field on the first time and make sure it's read only in SFDC.  
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Hey Joy,

Here's an old thread about this that may help!

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PP5wAAG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Chris and Kim! I appreciate your quick responses! Both of your responses are very helpful 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, follow-up question to this...is there any possibility of pulling the historical data into this new custom field? I know 'score' and 'change data value' are two of the activity log entries that are archived by Marketo after 90 days (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L5XJCA0) -- is there a way to populate this data into my newly created field Score Exceeds 99 with the date their score first went over 100 points for all known leads in our database? Or is it impossible due to the archiving of this information? Is there a way to do this from SFDC and let SFDC sync the field info back to MKTO instead? Any ideas would be worth a shot. Thank you!