I'm new to the group and fairly new to Marketo. I run marketing for Highspot, a high-growth software company in the sales enablement space. I'm looking for Marketo expert that is also digital marketing passionate, data passionate and tech geek. We've got a pretty sophisticated Marketo setup for our size and all marketing runs through it--so I need someone to make it work flawlessly and get the most out of it.
Here's the JD, as posted on our site. If you'd like to learn more, please contact me.
Sr. Manager of Marketing Automation & Operations
Highspot is a high-growth company in the hot and competitive space of Sales Enablement. We have an industry-leading product and are ready to put the pedal down on marketing and sales. We need a creative, energetic and expert programs manager who is ready to put on the gloves and take on the competition and drive Highspot’s revenue growth. From engineers to sales, Highspot only hires the best. Come join this winning team and help build the leader in Sales Enablement solutions.
Job Description and Responsibilities
You are part marketing technology wizard, part online marketing expert, part business analyst and wholly passionate about startups. This role is made for the marketing geek—someone who lives in marketing and loves the technology. You will own and advance the martech stack for Highspot, optimizing marketing’s effectiveness by getting the most out of our technology, data and processes.
First and foremost, as the engine of our marketing, we need a Marketo expert with experience in making sophisticated setups hum. You’ll be responsible for making sure our core systems, including Salesforce CRM, Wordpress, Google Analytics and Adwords, work effectively and integrate with each other where appropriate. You will be our marketing technologist and advisor in selecting and implementing future technology.
Beyond the technology stack, we are looking for someone who understands how to build effective online marketing programs and can leverage technology to drive best practices. Additionally, you will be our resident business analyst, responsible for reporting on all go-to-market performance metrics across the business.
This is a role for someone who craves a lot of responsibility, ownership, agile collaboration and “gettin’ ‘r done.” We are a data-driven company and expect excellence in marketing and rigorous analysis how to optimize our efforts. We live and breathe the ‘Revenue Marketer’ mindset, and as such, your job is to create and drive systems that enable us to effectively engage with the buyer at every stage of the buying lifecycle.
- Oversee and manage all marketing technology stack including Marketo, Salesforce.com, Wordpress, Google Analytics and future technology.
- Be a Marketo Master, tactically and strategically. Quickly build and launch new campaigns with high quality and leveraging best practices.
- Maintain and proactively update Marketo structure to ensure clean operations, ability to execute on marketing agenda, accurate reporting, and adherence to marketing best practices.
- Act as marketing data steward. Oversee data maintenance between CRM to marketing contact database, manage a clean database, and proactively fix problems.
- Establish a system for accurate reporting of business metrics, across marketing and sales, and all systems. Should include multi-touch attribution model, ROI, funnel metrics and key SaaS metrics. May include implementing BI/Attribution systems.
- Be the business analyst, establishing proper dashboards and running ad-hoc analysis to answer urgent business questions
- Work closely with sales to manage and maintain the lead waterfall qualification process, scoring, and management process
- Oversee and manage web agency to optimize website and website CMS system (currently Wordpress) including integration with other systems (Marketo, GA, GTM) and necessary plug-ins.
- Work with marketing program managers to build and deliver high quality marketing programs, including building out HTML emails, templates, landing pages, microsites, etc.
- Drive marketing to use best practices in email/content/SEO/SEM marketing
- Develop a world-class sales & marketing partnership that drives the company’s revenue goals via innovative process improvements, technology, and intelligent funnel management.
- Be proactive in finding and testing technology, processes, reporting or data to support the growth of the business
While the best candidate might not have all of these skills, we are looking for an expert in the core areas, and an intelligent and enthusiastic “athlete” with a desire to learn the rest.
- B2B marketing background with 5 years experience in marketing operations/automation, leads processing, management, managing databases, and demand generation.
- Marketo expert. Certified Expert strongly preferred.
- Experienced working with Salesforce.com. SFDC Certified Admin a plus.
- Familiarity with major digital marketing channels including Email, Website optimization, SEO, SEM/PPC and Social.
- Experience driving business analytics and reporting, building reporting systems, using data to make decisions and running semi-complex analysis to answer business questions
- Experience configuring and managing website and inbound analytics platform such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Adwords
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (Wordpress).
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS. Being able to build HTML emails and landing pages is a plus.
- Effective data management and data structure knowledge in order to maintain an clean, operational database and source accurate performance analysis
- 100% reliable and detail oriented. A desire for marketing excellence and a drive to execute flawlessly. An incredible attention to quality
- A successful track record of managing multiple projects at a time in a very fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient.
- Must live and breathe startups with broad responsibilities, crazy busy, lots of uncertainty, lots of responsibility, a few late night whiskey parties and lots of fun
- Contribute significantly to building a great company, with great people
- An environment where you can do your best work
- Competitive compensation
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- Shiny new Apple products plus all the latest tablets and phones
- Great views of the Puget Sound in the heart of Seattle
- Have the ultimate “master of all marketing tech” role. Choose and implement future martech.
To apply for this role, please send your resume to email@example.com.