SOLVED

Tracking on a 3rd party site

Go to solution
Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Tracking on a 3rd party site

Hello community,

Is there a way/best practice to track leads sent via an email to another site that does not have the munchkin tracking code on it?

I know that we can track the click of the link in the email, but nothing after that.

I know we can put the munchkin code on the site, but then risk 'untagging' (if that is even a word) from our primary site.

I know we can use UTM variables on the links (but we do not have access to GA)

Is there a 3rd party vendor that we can use that provides a tracking code (similar to what online advertisers use) to track a conversion?

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Jason

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Tracking on a 3rd party site

Nope, you can track across multiple sites without having to become "known" again.  If you couldn't, Munchkin would be pretty useless.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Recommended practice is to use Munchkin liberally.  What's your fear about "untagging"?  All sites on which a lead is known will be consolidated in the user's ActLog.

Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

When that lead comes back to the primary site, will there activity continue to be tracked as it was before they went to site B, or will they have to fill in another form, or click a link in an email to the primary site again to begin tracking?

It is my understanding that they cannot be tracked on two sites at the same time.

SanfordWhiteman

Nope, you can track across multiple sites without having to become "known" again.  If you couldn't, Munchkin would be pretty useless.