I tried putting the report in the same folder as the smartlist in marketing activities and that did not work. The report still cannot find the smartlist.
At first, I was working on a report that was in analytics and the smartlist was in marketing activities.
There is not a report like this. It is better to go to the Engagement Dash to see a count and count by Status or Paused vs. Normal.
The smart list (regular) can also help here.
Thanks for the input. Couple of quick things:
1) The dashboard will show me that, but there is no one view with data by stream. I have to click through it to see the different streams. So I do not think it will work as a report that I can distribute.
2) What am I doing wrong with the custom columns? Do you have any thoughts on why the smartlists do not show up? Is there some kind of technical dependency to get them into a lead report? May not be the right answer for this specific use case, but it is something I need for some other spots. All the documentation makes it sound like all smartlists should be visible for custom columns in lead reports.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
1. Smart Lists can be pulled in Lead Report but there is a limitation of NOT more than 10 columns to be included in Custom Column of Lead Report.
2. Your Custom Columns would hold the same name which your Smart List name would be.
3. You can either create your smart list in Lead Database or in Marketing Activities.
4. My assumption is your smart lists sit under Marketing Activities, you should try calling your smart list using Program name. As program name auto-appends to smart lists sitting under Marketing Activities.Or you can create smart lists in Lead Database, plus point for creating smart lists in Lead Database is you can actually alter the name to appear in custom column of your report.
I hope it helps.
Boom! That did it. Thanks Priyank.
The issue was with the program name and THEN the smartlist name.
Marketo, if you are listening, there are two things for you to do here to make this easier:
1) Change the wording on the dialog box to something like "Select program to find smartlists" in the dialong box when trying to find the smartlist. It says "find smartlist" (or something like that). But it does not find the smartlist on its own. You need to start with program name.
2) Fix it so it works like everything else. If we are looking for a smartlist. Find the smartlist!!!!!
I have them rendering in the report now.
The issue is that when I bring them into the report, the #s do not match the numbers in the smartlists.
They are all filtered the same.
Is there any reason that they would not match? e.g. since it is a lead report, will it not allow duplication of leads in the report? So the numbers in the smartlists will appear reduced so that there are no duplicate leads across/bwtween them, and thus, in the report.
It's possible dates are tripping things up here, e.g, if your smart list shows leads who have clicked free trial all time but then your report is date constrained.
Also check if you have any filters in the "smart list" section of the report setup, which would filter globally across the report. This additional filter could cause disparities.
I don't think that the report will de-dupe across the smart lists -- if you include multiple smart lists that are not mutually exclusive and the lead qualifies in all of them, it will show in all of them as far as I know. No one smart list could be greater than the "All Leads" total for that row, but the sum of all the smart lists certainly could.
Do you have any screen shots you can share?
Here is a screen shot of the report (Through a subscription).
But if I go to the smartlists I see these numbers (totals):
Clicked trial = 3
Clicked Learn More = 6
Clicked Talk to an Expert = 1
Visited (Should be the biggest as you have to visit before you do anything) = 7
Watched Video = 9 (im not concerned about this being bigger than visited for the time being. tracking video views is tough with market alone)
Total leads is right (managed by the smartlist on the report)
A link report for landing pages would solve all these problems, but we will have to wait for that unicorn to land. ;-)