We are looking for a proven, senior marketing leader to join our executive team to drive and deliver Datameer’s overall corporate and product marketing strategy and execution.
We’re a fast-growing, passionate team working hard to help people use data to solve the world’s toughest problems. The Datameer analytics application for Hadoop is now used in every major industry, helping the enterprise to quickly and easily integrate, analyze and visualize to get from raw data to insight faster. Founded in 2009 by Hadoop veterans, Datameer is a well-funded start-up backed by Redpoint Ventures, Kleiner Perkins and Next World Capital, headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, and Germany. Datameer was voted “Best Data Discovery Product 2014” by GigaOM and the "Most Innovative Big Data Companies 2013” by Fast Company Magazine.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, Ken Jacobsen, the VP, Marketing is responsible for designing and driving all marketing initiatives for Datameer. In this role will lead our high-performance marketing team including groups driving corporate and employer branding, customer acquisition, online / email marketing and lead generation, product marketing, public relations, and internal communications.
Primary Areas of Impact:
1) Marketing Strategy & Analytics
- Partner with the executive team to identify industry and technology trends, the competitive landscape and leverage stakeholder feedback to develop, refine, and consistently execute a holistic corporate brand, employer brand and go-to-market strategy.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership to the marketing function to increase effectiveness as measured by company revenue, profitability, market share, customer acquisition and retention.
- In collaboration with sales and product management, use a data-driven approach to identify and prioritize new marketing and product opportunities.
- Develop testing models and performance metrics that assess the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Define and test optimization hypotheses based on a strong understanding of customer behavior, analytics, marketing, user experience and marketplace dynamics.
- Provide the executive team with strategic perspective about the market and customer trends.
2) Performance Marketing: User Acquisition, Loyalty, Retention
- Develop effective online marketing programs that drive traffic and customer acquisition.
- Increase qualified leads and conversion rates using a data driven approach from MQL to close.
- Drive targeted marketing programs and offers to increase customer loyalty and retention.
- Articulate the projected and actual ROI of marketing investments including customer acquisition, loyalty and retention programs.
3) Public Relations and Corporate Communications
- Drive cohesive corporate and employer brand-messaging to ensure consistent, succinct, and compelling Datameer positioning.
- Develop marketing strategy and leverage product launches to drive revenue growth, demand and awareness.
- Identify, develop, and execute communications strategy for key media contacts.
- Build a flexible, adaptable organization that can move quickly and capitalize on media and press-related opportunities.
- Implement clear and powerful messaging that guides employees, customers, partners and the entire big data industry into a proper view of Datameer and its mission.
3) Executive Leadership
- Be a role model for leadership: take an active part in mentoring and developing people; exhibit strong proficiency in collaboration, building teams and driving strong performance in a high trust environment.
- Serve as an integral member of the executive management team, assisting in the development and implementation of our strategic direction.
- Build, lead, and develop a marketing organization with the appropriate skillsets to execute on marketing strategy and the Company’s mission.
- Ensure the team has the training and tools to be successful and get involved at the tactical level whenever necessary.
- Partner with People Operations to define and execute internal communication vehicles so Company employees understand what we do and care about and why.
- Coach, mentor, and raise the team’s ability to deliver and exceed expectations while creating opportunities for talent development.
- Minimum 10 years successful track record as a marketing leader in both enterprise and start up environments where the start-up had a successful exit.
- Deep experience in Hadoop, Big Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, or Business Intelligence ecosystem.
- Demonstrated expertise in digital marketing with deep knowledge of the levers that will increase growth and awareness of Datameer.
- Successful track record leveraging lead generation tools and designing and implementing successful programs that drive sales.
- Expertise in latest marketing technology to effectively help Datameer customers understand and drive better decision making via insights from these data channels using Datameer
- Inspiring and competent leader, manager and developer of talent and high performing, successful teams.
Meet Datameer. We're a global team that works hard every day on our vision of making the world better with data.