Operational Emails for Registration Confirmations and Event Reminders

Anonymous
Not applicable

Operational Emails for Registration Confirmations and Event Reminders

Hi,

Does anyone use operational emails vs. marketing emails for registration confirmations and reminders for events and webinars?  I have found some people will get excluded from recieving such emails if they unsubscribe globally or from our marketing and promotions emails - which results in us having to push the emails out manually.  From what I read, it sounds like operational emails would bypass this, so that's why I was considering flipping them to operational. Just wondering what everyone else did or what the best practice is!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Re: Operational Emails for Registration Confirmations and Event Reminders

We use operational emails for that very purpose and for those same reasons.  As long as the initial email (if that's the marketing channel you used) to solicit members is a type of marketing email, you are okay with making the rest operational. Registration and confirmation emails are exempt from CAN-SPAM regulations. I look at it this way: if I sign up for a webinar or other event with a company, do I want to receive a confirmation email? And would the experience actually be worse if I didn't receive the email? I say yes to both. 

Also, see here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L3DpCAK
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Re: Operational Emails for Registration Confirmations and Event Reminders

We also use operational emails for thank you email (where you have direct links to pdf). We feel same way as Amy:
if somebody fills out a form to receive a white paper, they should receive it.