4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 21, 2015 8:49 AM by John Mattos

Invalid access token when removing lead from list via REST API

Could anyone help explain why I am experiencing this error? I know the access token, list_id, instance, etc. I'm using are correct because I perform several different API calls before this one using the same values and within the same session with no problem, I only get the error when trying to delete a lead from a list.

I'm following exactly the steps in http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/rest/remove-leads-from-list/ and generating an HTTP request that looks like:

"#{my_marketo_instance}/rest/v1/lists/#{list_id}/leads.json?access_token=#{session[:marketo_token]}_method=DELETE"

and calling RestClient.post with the same format as the documentation and getting error code 601: access token invalid. I have a feeling the problem is with appending "_method=DELETE" immediately after the token but I don't know how else this can be accomplished since that's what the REST doc shows.

For context, I am trying to add a lead to a new list after they fill out a specific form on my website, and then delete the lead from a previous list so that they don't appear in both.