20 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 3:28 PM by Sanford Whiteman

Assigning Lead Source & Lead Source Detail form Web Form Fills

I have a client who just re-vamped their web site. When they did this they created Marketo LPs for each of the white papers and other assets on their site in Design Studio. I'm trying to figure out the best way to assign Lead Source and Lead Source Detail for leads who are created when they visit the web site and click through to an LP in order to download an asset. In other words, these are leads who are not part of a program. They found their own way to the LP. What the client wants, in that case is:

Lead Source: Website

Lead Source Detail: Asset Name (which is included in the name and URL of each LP)

I assume I can assign Lead Source to Website with a campaign with this Smart List:

Trigger:

New Lead is Created

Source Type is Web form fillout

Filter:

Member of Program is False

Program is Any

It's the Lead Source Detail I'm not sure how to handle. An obvious solution would be to use a hidden field on the Form(s). But the Form used on their WP LPs is also used by LPs in a number of Programs which contain campaigns that are setting the lead source and lead source detail to reference those programs (E.g., Lead Source: Content Syndication; Lead Source Detail: <CS Vendor Name>).

I can think of 2 solutions but both are fairly laborious:

1) Create Programs for all the Web Site Assets and move the LPs out of Design Studio and into the Programs. Create campaigns in each program to set the Source fields.

2) Create a separate form to be used on LPs for WPs downloaded directly from the web site and use hidden fields (it's laborious simply because there are a large number of LPs).

Does anyone have a better idea (or am I missing something simple and obvious)?

Thanks in advance!

Denise