Best Practice on Changing Timing of a Nurture Stream

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Practice on Changing Timing of a Nurture Stream

Hello,

I have a engagement program running with two different streams. I was curious if there was a best practice on changing the future cast time within a stream?

For the stream that I am looking to modify, I have exhausted my content and I will be loading in four additional emails during the next week. When the next batch of emails are added, the next send is supposed to occur on July 2nd, but since our audience will most likely be on vacation that week, we prefer to push the send on July 10th.

My stream cast is setup like this:

Repeats: Weekly

Every: 2 Weeks

On: Thursday

Time: 11:00 AM

I am asking about a best practice, because this stream is intertwined with my first stream. If a prospect opens or clicks an email from my first stream, they will be moved into my second stream which has a wait time of two weeks in between each send. I want to be careful how I manipulate the timing on my second stream.

Can I isolate the next email that is supposed to be sent within my second stream and mark it for a July 10th push, then all following emails will fall back on my two week send cadence?

Thanks,

David

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Best Practice on Changing Timing of a Nurture Stream

You could try a smart campaign that pauses everyone until July 9, allowing the Jul 10 cast to go out as planned.

You could also change the Cadence to do First Send on Jul 10. Not sure what the ramification is on that, but probably little.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are only going to pause the stream for a week, you could turn off the schedule for that week completely, and turn it back on the following week! That way, the people will be added to the stream, and only receive the new email once you've rescheduled the stream again. Does that make sense, David Pappalardo​?

Also, it could be worthwhile testing whether turning off the stream while people are on vacation actually is more beneficial. We have seen that people still engage with our content while on vacation (because they have time to do so)!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the help Allison and Josh!

I am considering both options. Allison - If I pause the stream for a week, do I simply change the 'Repeats' option in my stream to 'None' for shutting off the schedule completely?

Thanks,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

David Pappalardo​ exactly. This won't turn off the engagement program, just the cadence. Again, if this is a one time thing, it makes sense. If you find yourself doing it more and more, it may be worth considering a different stream structure, as the benefit of streams are that you can set it and forget it!

let me know if that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's a bit late for this, but would changing the availability of the next content piece accomplish this, i.e. keep the cadence as it is, but schedule the next pieces so that they're not available until the 10th?