1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 11:08 PM by 6aa6da92ff0b387d9fc4312782c0e497ea23cb95

Cannot create 'custom service'

For some reason, Marketo does not allow us to build a custom service - which means I cannot authenticate my account

and retrieve my authentication token. I tried to follow your tutorial Quick Start Guide for Marketo REST API but we don't have

the same UI as the one in your tutorial (link: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/quick-start-guide-for-marketo-rest-api/)

• Issue: Step 6 of the tutorial which states Choose “Custom” service type, provide the display name...

Our version of Marketo does not allow you to select a custom service type which means we cannot get the authentication

token.

Also, I noticed that we do not have the Marketo Web Services tool either. I gather from your developers website it should

be available to us in the side bar menu of the Admin page. I have attached a screenshot of this also.

If anyone has any suggestions or alternative solutions please let me know.