SOLVED

Drupal forms integration

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drupal forms integration

I need to integrate a website with our Marketo. It is using Drupal 6.x that currently has a form filled out, calls Hubspot via an API call to pass the lead information and then calls their license generation server.

We are looking for the Marketo equivalent to the Hubspot API call so we can move them from Hubspot to our Marketo.

I found this but I don't know if it is the best approach https://www.drupal.org/node/2190655.

Any recommendations from you Marketo gurus?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Drupal forms integration

Sharon, the safest and most scalable method is to use the Forms 2.0 API to inject a hidden Marketo form into the page and automatically populate and cross-post the form along with the Drupal form submission.

Here is a discussion and a demo​ of the approach.  Those posts are concentrated on DotNetNuke but exactly the same approach applies to Drupal.

While other methods exist, they are rate-limited and if you have (or are) a skilled front-end developer, doing the client-side form post is the most straightforward and (since it appears to Mkto as if the lead her/himself posted) you have all the advantages of Marketo integration.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sharon Freas

FYI. I moved your post into the Integrations category in Products and Support. You will probably get an answer there faster.

Also, these posts might help too:

Using Drupal Form Module Integrated with Marketo

Re: Marketo Integration with Drupal

And this content too:

V3 - Integration with "Marketo" Module [#1893840] | Drupal.org

https://www.drupal.org/project/marketo

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sharon, the safest and most scalable method is to use the Forms 2.0 API to inject a hidden Marketo form into the page and automatically populate and cross-post the form along with the Drupal form submission.

Here is a discussion and a demo​ of the approach.  Those posts are concentrated on DotNetNuke but exactly the same approach applies to Drupal.

While other methods exist, they are rate-limited and if you have (or are) a skilled front-end developer, doing the client-side form post is the most straightforward and (since it appears to Mkto as if the lead her/himself posted) you have all the advantages of Marketo integration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both. I'll show all this to the Drupal developers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott Wilder for your help. We ended up using Sanford's solution and it is working great. Thanks to you both!