I recently downloaded a guided template from Marketo's library, and imported it in Design Studio. I put all my Google Tag Manager code in place in the template, and all my tags are firing except for Google's AdWords tag. I checked the conversion ID and everything to make sure it's matching, and it's all placed the same as when it was in the free form template that was firing just fine.
The only thing I can think of is that my post-conversion ("thank you") page is on another template and maybe that's causing an issue. The AdWords tag is actually in the body of the template, where the other tags implemented via GTM are in the head of the page and still firing correctly.
I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing or has any insight as to why this might be occurring.