The STANLEY Security team is growing, and we're looking for a left-brained mastermind to join us in our Naperville, IL office (Chicago suburb)! This role will be focused specifically on gauging our program effectiveness and proving ROI on all our marketing activities, but it's so much more than that. I'm coming up on my first year with STANLEY, and I can honestly say that this is not only an amazing company to work for, but an incredibly serendipitous time to join the our team. We've gained dazzling momentum with Marketo in our first year with the platform, and are poised for HUGE success. A large part of this role requires an analytical mind, but also know that we're a small, lean team– that means the adventure is continuous!
Check out the full description below, and apply here: Stanley Black and Decker - Job details.
If this is you or someone you know, please feel free to send me a resumé and I'll make sure to pass it along.
STANLEY Security is looking for a data-driven marketer to join our rapidly-growing team. This position will primarily be responsible for helping us optimize the effectiveness of our digital marketing programs via our marketing automation platform. Additionally, this role will be tasked with spearheading the digitalization of marketing and lead generation processes and evaluating the effectiveness and ROI of all marketing campaigns. This pivotal role for our team will drive the direction for our vertical communications strategies and continually provide expertise and feedback to help take all our programs to the next level.
Working collaboratively with the marketing, business development, sales, customer services and IT teams, this person will utilize their analytical and innovative marketing skills to build better online/offline campaigns by measuring, optimizing, testing, recommending, and implementing enhancements to drive brand awareness, demand generation, customer growth and ultimately ROI.
Marketing Automation Responsibilities
- Utilize Marketing Automation Platform and CRM Platform to manage current customer contacts, upload sourced lists, capture/generate new contacts and grow the marketable contact database, while improving segmentation and targeting of audiences
- Develop and maintain lead acquisition, data management, and lead scoring
- Manage processes for high email deliverability (i.e., A/B Testing), reputation (sender score) and performance
- Work with marketing, business development, sales, customer service and other departments to automate lead and other customer communication processes
- Determine most effective placement for lead generation forms in digital environment to increase contact acquisition and conversion rates
- Work with IT and sales teams to leverage existing customer data and set up systems to collect further data to optimize customer segmentation and share of wallet
Vertical Marketing Communications
- Develop and implement content strategies, building tactical programs to influence audiences across various social, digital, and off-line platforms: website, success stories, articles, collateral, email campaigns, videos, white papers, info graphics, presentations, webinars, social media posts (tweets, blogs), sales tools, etc.
- Partner with sales team to develop content in order to understand the needs for specific verticals and target customer groups as well as ensure materials are sales-ready for successful execution and demand generation to increase overall effectiveness
- Gather voice of customer
- Leverage marketing data and analytics to make informed business decisions and content/communication refinements
- Manage tracking/reporting of all marketing campaigns and investments via marketing automation platform, providing regular updates to management
- Develop a monthly ROI dashboard for the business and update regularly
- Track lead progression through the sales funnel (through CRM and marketing automation platform), develop a dashboard for digesting the information, and make recommendations for improvements for increased sales conversion rate
- Analyze results, providing direction to evolve and optimize current marketing campaigns to improve effectiveness and determine future investments based on these insights
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for program/campaign success and use these to drive continuous improvement
- Measure impact of awareness, lead generation, customer acquisition and customer growth
- Work with IT and sales teams to configure systems for accurate ROI reporting
- Track and manage all program costs, ensuring they are loaded into our marketing automation platform for accurate ROI analysis
- Conduct monthly meetings with team to review marketing projected spend and ensure tracking to Operating Plan
- Work with marketing and business leads to conduct periodic customer surveys ranging from customer satisfaction to value prop optimization and exploring new solutions
- Help analyze responses/data from surveys to determine go forward strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in B2B marketing
- Experience working with Marketing Automation (ie Marketo, Eloqua, Hub Spot etc) required. Marketo experience preferred.
- Experience with CRM (SalesForce.com) tools preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Experience with Google Analytics preferred
- Experience tracking, analyzing and measuring marketing programs and providing recommendations on investment for driving growth and revenue based on this information
- Experience marketing services/solutions a plus
- Security industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of government, financial, healthcare, retail and/or education vertical markets a plus
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently
- Must be able to understand complex environments and projects, pay attention to details and maintain an organized workflow
- Excellent planning, time management and decision making skills with the ability to self-manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated project management skills and proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Creativity and experience bringing new programs and ideas to fruition
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and ability to foster / maintain relationships across multiple businesses and organizations
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills a plus