0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2015 8:25 AM by 6fbb190527133b8f6de483ec33926fbdb27af889

Current lead owner name as “Not Activity was Logged” constraint?

I have an idea, but I don’t know if it is possible: I would like to use a lead’s current lead owner as constraint in a “Not Activity was Logged” filter. I tried filling the constraint field with {{Lead.Lead Owner First Name}} {{Lead.Lead Owner Last Name}}, but that didn’t work.

Background: Why I want to do this

I built a program that sends email alerts to lead owners who are not as active as we would like them to be. If a new lead is assigned to one of the sales reps and this sales rep doesn’t log an SFDC activity for that particular within one week, he receives a reminder, asking him either to use SFDC’s activity logging feature correctly or to contact the lead if not yet done.

The problem is: If activities are logged within some minutes around the lead owner change, this can lead to “false negative” alert emails.

Example:

• Lead owner change at 11:13 a.m.
      • Activity logged by new lead owner at 11:15 a.m.
      • One week later Marketo tests if there are logged activities for this lead – but since Marketo sometimes needs a few minutes more, it does this at 11:17 a.m.
      • Because the activity is 2 minutes older than Marketo’s “within 1 week” the alert email is send – even if the lead owner made no mistake.

My idea for a solution:

Instead of having Marketo look for activities within “1 week” I could use “169 hours”. This would compensate for the few minutes Marketo takes to start the process. But without further restrictions a task from the first lead owner, which was closed right before the first lead owner assigned the lead to the second lead owner, might be attributed to the second lead owner. This would prevent the alert email from being sent even if the second lead owner has not logged any activity, and thus should be reminded.

If I could use the leads current owner as an additional constraint I could create a filter that checks if the current lead owner has logged any activities within the last 169 hours. This would solve any “false negative” alerts.