Orders Table and Duplicate Records

Anonymous
Not applicable

Orders Table and Duplicate Records

We are using the Marketo order table to track the information about the customers who buy our product.  This information is then used for our renewal campaign.  The problem comes when a user places multiple orders throughout the year.  Let's say it's a business and they buy 5 licenses, then another 10 licenses, then another 5, all on different days etc.  When we load the initial order, it has all of the order information such as the date, the amount, which product was purchased and at the time that we import them, we attached a unique coupon code for their renewal, which may be 12, 24 or 36 months away.  But when we load that second order, it will overwrite all of the information about that first order, which means a renewal notice won't go out for that initial order - it will only go out for the very last order that they placed.

Is there any way we can keep duplicates in our order table so that subsequent orders will be treated as unique?  Especially with businesses, it tends to be the same person placing the order each time which means the same email address is used.

5 REPLIES 5
John_M
Marketo Employee

Re: Orders Table and Duplicate Records

Hi Mindy

Well Orders exist in a one to many relationship with leads, and are of course added via the API (REST or SOAP). When you load the second order are you creating a new order or updating the existing gone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I add a record that contains an order for a lead that already has one in the table, it is updating rather than creating a new record.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the SOAP API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping this up to see if anyone has some help for me! 

hena_wells
Level 5

Hi Mindy,

I think this would be the relevant API doc for this issue.

From the API perspective Opportunity = Order

Check out the insert/update/upsert options.

If you need more help, support can definitely help.

At some point, consider moving to our REST API's. Nicer.

Aj