Marketo Community Manager
The Community Moderator will be part of the community team that will increase, maintain, and manage the engagements of our Marketing Nation in our online customer community (75%) and in our regional and virtual user groups (25%). They will interface extensively with multiple internal and external stakeholders such as customers, and our Partner, Education, Product and Support teams. They will become one of the faces of the community, helping humanize the brand and ensure the success and collaboration of our customers and partners. Working in support of key corporate objectives related to customer engagement, collaboration, and product adoption, this role also manages communications, streamlines the onboarding process, and increases groups for our Global Marketo User Group (MUG) Program.
This position is based at Marketo, Inc. Headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Manage day-to-day engagement with The Marketing Nation Community Members.
- Curate content from external and internal resources, including customer created content.
- Update and promote user group events, webinars, and other events in Community.
- Communicate and enforce all meeting processes to MUG Leaders, ensuring maximization of number of meetings, attendance and content in each city.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on key learnings and metrics.
- Escalate community related issues to support and other key stakeholders.
- On-going (almost minute-by-minute) interaction with customers to answer questions about ‘how to be an effective marketer,’ ‘our products,’ etc.
- Setup and manage permissions for who has access to what content.
- Train other individuals who will have access to administration controls on community.
- Leverage analytics to provide reports, gamify participation and improve overall user experience.
- Enforce community policies -- and manage any disruptions, violations or issues that occur on the community or in user groups.
- Manage benefits, engagement programs and schedule of conference calls for Champions, making sure making sure they are gaining maximum exposure online and leveraging them to increase participation and adoption among our broader ‘Nation’.
- Be the point person for 70 + user group leaders in planning and scheduling monthly to quarterly meetings as well as managing the onboarding of new leaders.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a passion for execution and creativity, and is a self-starter who drives results with little oversight, while juggling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Marketo, preferably Marketo Certified
- Strong experience (2+ years of consistent participation) on social networks (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.)
- Experience (1 year experience) moderating other company branded communities, preferable in the SMB or Technology area
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
- Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)
- Ability to write and communicate clearly with customers and partners and problem solve.
- WIT (Whatever-it-takes attitude) - takes the initiative, is a self-starter, doesn’t know what ‘learned helpless’ means.
Marketo (NASDAQ: MKTO) provides the leading marketing software for companies of all sizes to build and sustain engaging customer relationships. Spanning today’s digital, social, mobile and offline channels, Marketo’s® customer engagement platform powers a set of breakthrough applications to help marketers tackle all aspects of digital marketing from the planning and orchestration of marketing activities to the delivery of personalized interactions that can be optimized in real-time. Marketo’s applications are known for their ease-of-use, and are complemented by the Marketing Nation®, a thriving network of more than 320 third-party solutions through our LaunchPoint ® ecosystem and over 50,000 marketers who share and learn from each other to grow their collective marketing expertise. The result for modern marketers is unprecedented agility and superior results. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Europe, Australia and Japan, Marketo serves as a strategic marketing partner to more than 3,000 large enterprises and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, go here