SOLVED

Mobile View loses header/footer from template

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobile View loses header/footer from template

I'm a web developer trying to figure out how to code a landing page template, mostly from scratch using Marketo examples.  The responsive template I built works fine, until someone selects the "mobile" view.  For some reason, when it's converted to the "mobile" view, it loses the header and footer elements.  You can see they aren't displayed as intentionally turned off through the menu, in fact they don't even display as elements (I think since they aren't editable).

marketo-mobile-options.PNG

For this template, the header and footer are to always stay the same, whenever someone builds a landing page.  Thus, they are not editable, and not intended to be.  But I wonder if I'm missing some other id or class that is needed for an element to be included in the "mobile" view.  Or maybe a containing div I've labeled wrong?

The only documentation I've found about landing page syntax is this page about Guided Landing Page elements.  The information provided is not relevant, since this is a non-editable element that's disappearing.  Can anyone point me to other documentation about class and id syntax for landing pages that might help?  Is anyone else losing parts of their template when switching to mobile view?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Mobile View loses header/footer from template

3 REPLIES 3
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link, that workaround looks like it should force the header/footer to appear.  However, I'd actually like to know what the recommended Marketo process is that would not require me to do that.  He quite strongly advises against doing it, and I'd rather use the recommended Marketo method if someone could explain what I'm missing.

There must be a "correct" Marketo way to build a template that has a header on both desktop and mobile view, so what is it?  I can see that some piece of Marketo code is automatically adding "mktoMobileHide" to the header/footer, how do I properly prevent that? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same question. What is the recommended method for creating a template? Are workarounds going to be required no matter what?