Add an Existing Salesforce Field to the Marketo Sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add an Existing Salesforce Field to the Marketo Sync

Within SFDC there is a section of 'Additional Information' that contains a field called 'Lead Source'. I am trying to figure out how to add this field within Marketo so I can then run a campaign that is able to edit the Lead Source from the defaulted value to a new one. I see there is a 'Change Data Value' within Marketo that contains Lead Source but it is kept under a list called Marketing, not Salesforce, so my efforts to update this defaulted value have't worked and I'm assuming it's because it is not information that is being synced with SFDC directly. Please advise! Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Add an Existing Salesforce Field to the Marketo Sync

Ruby Valadez FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ section of the site cause you will probably get an answer to your product related question there faster.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Add an Existing Salesforce Field to the Marketo Sync

Hey Ruby, you will need to first check that your field in Marketo is synced properly with the field in SFDC. You can see this in Marketo Admin > Field Management. If it isn't properly synced your best bet would be to contact support in regards to having the field mapped correctly. You can also look in the SFDC field management section to see if that field is visible to the Marketo Sync user.

One thing to note if you talk to Marketo support, is you might want to export any values that currently exist there because sometimes upon mapping the values will be cleared out and you wouldn't want to lose all of the data that's already there!