Can we drop an engagement program in to an engagement stream?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we drop an engagement program in to an engagement stream?

We are in the process of building our nurtures and when we create an engagement program and try to pull it into a stream, it won't let us but it will let us pull in a regular program. Why is that? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

Mandy

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can we drop an engagement program in to an engagement stream?

Yes, you need to update your program:

• Create a campaign that says "Engagement Campaign"
  • At a minimum, set the smart list to "Member of Engagement Program = X, =TRUE"
  • flow steps
  • schedule - DO NOT DO THIS

Then drag this program back to the Stream. It will now request you to select a trigger campaign, which will be the one you just did. The Engagement will run the campaign during its Cast.

Do keep in mind that your flow will run independently of the Engagement, so if it is long you may annoy people with too many emails coming from the Program and the Engagement.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Josh Hill​,

FYI, I ran some in-depth test that show that the "member of engagement program = X, =True" is not really necessary. If you do not have it, the Smart Campaign will work as long as the lead are not filtered out by other filters.

furthermore, the presence of the filter does not help selecting the programs and the smart campaign, which is very error prone (a user can easily pick the wrong program and/or the wrong campaign)

I just added an idea here to fix these points :

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thank you! Just to clarify, inside of the engagement program that I created, I need to create a smart list that is called 'Engagement Campaign' and add "Member of Engagement Program =X".

I am still confused....is it easier just to create them as normal programs? The Engagement programs are confusing me.

What do you mean about the many emails coming from both the program and stream? Sorry, I'm just not sure what to do!

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

do you need to add a program to stream?

can't you just create a smart campaign that if someone does something they get added to Engagement Program A Stream 1?

i am not understanding the step of adding a program and smart campaign directly to stream - especially since smart campaign has to have the "member of engagement program" is True filter

why do a smart campaign to add people to a to and engagement program then do another one to say member of engagement is true then add to engagement program A stream 1 again.

i can't find anything that walks through the whole process- just a bunch of articles that talk about each step separately and options.

thanks to anyone who knows where i can find something that documents the entire process and deals with my above question

Trish

Justin_Norris1

Trish Voskovitch

I responded to your other thread as well, but just to mention here as well:

In Engagement streams, you have the option of adding assets which can be individual emails or entire programs.

The initial smart campaign you described will work fine for adding leads to the stream. The instructions you found regarding the smart campaign that has the filter member of engagement program = true is an additional step that is only applicable when you are adding sub-programs within that stream.

Programs within engagement streams could be useful for a variety of reasons, for example, when you want a cast to trigger a flow with more than a single email send or with other logic or when you want to ensure leads who may have encountered this content outside the engagement stream do not receive it again.

If you're just getting started you can just include individual emails and it will work just fine.

Justin_Norris1

Mandy Hanson I don't believe you can nest engagement programs within engagement programs. Only default programs. The instructions Josh gives apply to that scenario.