Revenue Cycle Model

Adrian_Watkins
Level 3

Revenue Cycle Model

I'm trying to set up our Revenue Cycle Model since we haven't been using it up until now. Does anyone have a good guide on how to do this? I've looked around the community and also on the Marketo product pages but I haven't found anything as yet - maybe i'm just not used to the new community yet! If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Revenue Cycle Model

Adrian Watkins​ I think everything you need is here:

Revenue Cycle Models - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

For the transitions, my preferred approach is to have all the logic for stage transitions contained in a Lead Lifecycle program which automates changes of a "Lifecycle Stage" or Status field.

Then you can have the transitions in the Revenue Model be based only on the changes in the Lifecycle Stage field.

That way if you ever want to change your logic, you only change it in one place.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Justin,

I'd also pair this with this article I wrote:

http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/setup-a-lead-lifecycle-and-revenue-cycle-model-1917/

The docs just don't explain it all for real life.

Adrian_Watkins
Level 3

Thanks Justin/Josh,

The problem I have with the Marketo docs is that there are plenty of very interesting titles just very few actually completed docs... Apparently they are working on them! Thanks for the ideas all the same and thanks Josh for the article its very helpful.