Got a couple years of Marketo under your belt? Ready to take it to the next level and do some fun and exciting things at a pre-IPO company focused on Big Data!? Join the growing Demand Generation team at MapR as our rockstar marketing coordinator!
MapR is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to assist in developing and managing our growing email and demand generation initiatives. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Demand Generation and is ideal for someone who has digital and/or email marketing experience and is looking to grow and hone their career in email marketing and/or demand generation.
You should have a unique blend of technical skill and creative savvy -- you’d be able to easily switch gears from writing marketing copy to troubleshooting code. You are an extremely detail-oriented self-starter who has the ability to hit tight deadlines with flawless execution. You love learning – you strive to stay on top of trends in marketing and are always seeking information. You excel at problem-solving and thrive in a fast-paced startup-like environment. You are serious and excited to take your email marketing skills to the next level.
- Create and execute on email marketing campaigns that drive revenue, increase customer retention and support other company goals.
- Manage the email campaign process from start to finish including planning, conceptualization, creative development, set-up, review, QA, deployment and reporting.
- Set up targeted / segmented lists for highly personalized email sends.
- Complete final QA of emails for compatibility with web browsers and email clients; ensuring all links, images, subject lines and list segments are accurate and working properly.
- Proactively track, monitor, analyze and optimize campaign performance.
- Support team members on production and execution of their email campaigns.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are kept fully informed of project status, issues and progress.
- Field questions and respond to requests from a large variety of departments and levels within the organization.
- Daily monitoring of campaign deployment and subscriber management. Be prepared to report on quarterly successes.
- Troubleshoot deliverability issues as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years digital and/or email marketing experience.
- Near obsessive attention to detail.
- Experience in working with Marketo, Salesforce.com, and email testing applications.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience in developing marketing content: copy and creative.
- Understanding of HTML and ability to troubleshoot coding issues. Responsive design skills a huge bonus.
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office programs.
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow your career in email marketing and demand generation.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- BA or BS preferred.
- Located in Portland, OR San Jose, CA