Marketo is a leader in cloud software and is growing like crazy. We are delighting our customers and hiring some of the best minds in Silicon Valley. Our headquarters is located in San Mateo, California and continue to expand globally. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Marketo is looking for a rock-star Senior Product Marketing Manager to join our team, focused on the small-medium business segment. Product Marketing is at the epicenter of Marketo, determining the right strategies to constantly improve our performance in the SMB segment. In this position, you’ll work closely with sales, demand generation, content marketing, customer marketing and product management to understand and improve overall business performance.
You possess a record of success in SaaS or software product marketing environments, delivering measurable results. Most importantly, this position brings significant responsibility and candidates should have demonstrated the capacity to lead cross-functional teams to achieve significant goals. This is a high impact position and being located at our San Mateo headquarters is required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Empower our sales team to close deals, through broad training and direct deal support
- Deeply understand our SMB customers and buyers and what makes them tick
- Drive messaging and content strategies that appeal to potential customers
- Coordinate with Demand Generation team to translate programs and strategy into measurable pipeline and closed revenue
- Develop and nurture customer relationships to develop references, drive case studies, and develop champions
- Effectively present Marketo directly to potential customers
- Deeply understand the competitive landscape and train sales to win against competitors
- Conduct and manage market research
- Work with Product Management, Sales, Services, Engineering, and Executive Management to help prioritize market needs, product roadmaps, and investment to achieve and exceed business goals
- Develop business plans, market positioning, and value propositions
- Lead go-to-market efforts for new initiatives through coordination across the marketing organization
Essential Skills, Experience & Education
- 5+ years of marketing experience with demonstrated success in a SaaS or software environment
- 2+ years product marketing experience
- Proven track record of developing and delivering sales tools and content that drive pipeline, higher win rates, and revenue through integrated programs
- Experience with marketing automation, campaign management, digital marketing or email marketing platforms a plus.
- Experience in digital marketing, mobile marketing, social marketing, SEO, marketing analytics or related markets considered a plus
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills; highly effective presentation skills
- “High-horsepower” thinker – “High Execution” doer
- Ability to work across organizational lines, command respect, and influence without authority
- Highly skilled at critical decision-making; ability to evaluate business issues and resolve problems; ability to develop and write a business plan
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Experience conducting and analyzing market and competitive research
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution
- An MBA from a well-regarded institution, considered a plus
- Some travel required (25%)
Marketo (NASDAQ: MKTO) provides the leading marketing software for companies of all sizes to build and sustain engaging customer relationships. Spanning today’s digital, social, mobile and offline channels, Marketo’s® customer engagement platform powers a set of breakthrough applications to help marketers tackle all aspects of digital marketing from the planning and orchestration of marketing activities to the delivery of personalized interactions that can be optimized in real-time. Marketo’s applications are known for their ease-of-use, and are complemented by the Marketing Nation®, a thriving network of more than 320 third-party solutions through our LaunchPoint ® ecosystem and over 50,000 marketers who share and learn from each other to grow their collective marketing expertise. The result for modern marketers is unprecedented agility and superior results. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in Europe, Australia and Japan, Marketo serves as a strategic marketing partner to more than 3,000 large enterprises and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer