Event ROI Reporting

Alexis_Shamsi_H
Level 3

Event ROI Reporting

I am interested in creating several master reports to analyze ROI from our marketing events in Analytics or RCE. All best practices and suggestions are welcome.

Some background:
We have 3 channels for events: customer events, customer trips and customer webinars. SFDC is our CRM, and we have set up all our event programs to sync with SFDC campaigns. Our events are private: the only registration channel is via email invitation. We would be interested in tracking the following metrics:

1) # Opportunities generated and # opportunities won by contacts and leads who attended
2) # Opportunities generated and # opportunities won by new contacts and leads who attended (for actual new contacts to our database and for customers who have never attended a specific event before).
2) Total revenue grouped by opportunity stage for all generated opportunities. In our line of business, we have 4 opportunity stages: prospect (new), tentative (contract pending), definite (contract signed) and consumed (piece of business already took place).
3) Ability to compare the same event YOY, a series of similar events like webinars, and all event program channels in terms of # returning customers, # opportunities generated and converted revenue (definite or consumed status).
4) Ability to limit results for a specific time period i.e. 3 months post event.

Would love to connect with someone on or offline who can share some pointers.
1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Event ROI Reporting

I would use a Program Opp or Analysis report to look at the results from the selected Program Channels. You should be able to do all of those things you requested with some setup of the Dimension Filters.