Webcam for online certification exam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Webcam for online certification exam

Has anyone else taken the exam online? And if so, what webcam model did you use? I'm having a very hard time finding one that meets their (rather outdated) requirements. Recommendations are very welcome!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Webcam for online certification exam

Hi Alisa, last year I used a Microsoft webcam that we had sitting around from several years ago... I can get a model number later this evening. I thought the biggest thing was really that it had to be an external webcam as opposed to something integrated into a laptop.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory. In addition to it being external it has to sit away from the computer ( so not clipped to laptop), must be manual focus instead of auto, 720 dpi, and some other things. I'm just not sure how picky they are about meeting all the requirements so I'm going to call. I went to 3 stores this weekend and none carried anything that met the criteria.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Sounds good... It'll be Kriterion who you'll have to contact, so good luck with that!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Also, I'll doublecheck my camera when I get home to see if it would have been at that same level, or if it was more "advanced", since I know it worked last year 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just contacted Kryterion and they will allow the kind that clip to the laptop and as long as you can turn the auto focus off it's fine. So I found one that is relatively cheap that should work. PHEW. 🙂
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Luckily I was able to test at a local center this year, and I avoided that headache (I knew it would be ugly with our company's software requirements, etc.) 

Good luck on your exam!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the Apple Built-In camera for the initial biometric confirmation prior to the test and then I used an External Microsoft HD camera.  I personally never turned off Auto-Focus nor did the technician mention anything about it.  The biggest issue I had was finding an angle that had my eyes, keyboard, mouse, and hands all in the camera's view!

Good luck on your test!