SOLVED

Anyone having issues with the Outlook plug-in not producing trackable emails?

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Anyone having issues with the Outlook plug-in not producing trackable emails?

We're starting to do some testing before we deploy Sales Insight out to the field.  I've published an email to Sales Insight from within Marketo and it appears as an avaialble template to use when clicking on "Marketo Message" from within Outlook (2013).  When I select the template and hit OK, a new email message is created as expected.  But all of the links are the actual URLs (not the masked Marketo tracking links); and the unsubscribe link token in the footer, remains as {{system.unsubscribe}}.  When I send out the email, all these link issues remain.  And finally, nothing is being captured in the activity log of the lead (no "sent sales email", not delivery tracking, no opens, no clicks, etc.).  Anyone else experiencing this?

NOTE, we have yet to install the Sales Insight plug-in within CRM (Dynamics 2013).  But that shouldn't affect the Outlook plug-in capability, should it?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_

Re: Anyone having issues with the Outlook plug-in not producing trackable emails?

I figured out the issue.  I was hitting "Send" instead of "Send and Track with Marketo".  It works (although now the formatting is slightly off - a small portion of the left margin is being cut off, which is also cutting off the first character of each line of content.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dan_Stevens_

Re: Anyone having issues with the Outlook plug-in not producing trackable emails?

I figured out the issue.  I was hitting "Send" instead of "Send and Track with Marketo".  It works (although now the formatting is slightly off - a small portion of the left margin is being cut off, which is also cutting off the first character of each line of content.