When will the Marketo My Learning courses be updated to reflect new interface?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

When will the Marketo My Learning courses be updated to reflect new interface?

I'm in the process of assembling the appropriate training curriculum for our marketers across our global organization.  While identifying which courses in My Learning are most appropriate, I noticed that many contain the old interface (e.g., "Basics 1: New to Marketo").  According to the ML homepage, "Course materials are being updated to match the new interface and will be available in September 2014."  We're now well beyond this date.  As new users, it's important that they are presented with training that includes the new interface (as well as current features, like Forms 2.0).  Is there an updated date on when this will be available? 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

Re: When will the Marketo My Learning courses be updated to reflect new interface?

Hi Dan,

I don't think they have announced a date for the video updates. Is it that important? The GUI change was completely cosmetic...I imagine your team would understand that even though the video shows the older GUI.

I'd be more concerned about old videos for Forms 1.0 and email sending.
Dan_Stevens_

Re: When will the Marketo My Learning courses be updated to reflect new interface?

Hey Josh - on the My Learning homepage, it states that the course material would be updated by September 2014.  Even the "Beyond Basics" courses - like "Advanced Marketo Forms" is still using Forms 1.0 as the core.  From what I'm seeing, none of these courses have been updated.  When I say "video courses", I'm referring to all of the courses in My Learning here: https://community.marketo.com/marketocourses
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

It's probably being held up due to the new articles and pages that are currently being written for the new product documentation ... That said, it would be a bummer if these things weren't available unitl Summit as suggested in the thread a couple of days ago. 
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

I was concerned the certification exam would contain things specific to the newer features which are not in the My Learning area - but if I recall correctly, it didn't (I just took it about 6 weeks ago). As long as the test itself is consistent with the My Learning, I think it's not too big of a deal; however, I hope they do plan to update this sooner than at the Summit. 
Dan_Stevens_

I just got word from the Marketo LMS team and that the courses will be updated to reflect the new interface by February 2015.  Hopefully this also included re-creating the courses to reflect current capabilities (like Forms 2.0).