This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Marketo will see new records at its 5 min interval sync. If it has not, then you can either call Support or find a flag to change on all records (one that doesn't really matter) and try to force a sync.
I'm not sure where you got the 24 hour idea. Marketo definitely checks for changes and new records every 5 min.
It might be possible the Marketo User still cannot see the records, so check your permissions.
The Marketo user definitely can see and edit the records. I tested this in SFDC.
By the way, here in the community I read that some of the sync features require a “system refresh” which occurs every night at 10:00pm Pacific time: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PlPTAA0 No idea if this is true. But I already had an issue with a new SFDC field not showing up in Marketo. The next day it was there.
I had not heard of the System Refresh before.
Have you already passed that point and it is still not working? You can ask Support if they can initiate a refresh to kickstart the full sync again.
@Mike we also have new leads or contact records that come in to our database through SFDC first, but just as Josh said, it only takes 5 minutes for the record to sync. The only time a record doesn't sync from SFDC to Marketo is when the custom field that we have called "Sync to Marketo" is not checked in a record.
This is how things are synced, kind of in this order
- Lead Updates
- Contact Updates
- Account Updates
- Opportunity Updates
- Campaign Updates
- ANY NEW RECORDS
- Was there a mass update?
- Is there a SFDC Process that does an Update (SQL)
- side note: this is where my issue is. SQL looks at accounts, triggers a system edit (not always an update), which syncs to Marketo. 84k twice a week - 2-8 hour delay depends when I notice (yikes)
- Log a case with Marketo to see if they can analyse where the delay is and give you an estimate on how long
- If the analysis pin points an update on a field you never use, then hide it and block field updates
- If you need to do a mass update you cna log a case to Marketo and they can set up a batch process? (can't quite remeber that one), but it helps with speeding up the process
- Talk to you SFDC Admins - if there is a process that is run that you are not aware of maybe you can work together to come up with a better alternative to these updates
Using the old “update any field you don’t use to force an update of the SFDC leads you want to sync“ hack, I could solve the problem.
Obviously it was a really special case which should not arise again in the future. The Marketo user could not see the leads when executing the initial sync process. After granting access to the leads the Marketo user in SFDC could see the leads. But they were not synchronized because the modification timestamp was much older than the las sync timestamp. Unfortunately newly granted access to a record doesn’t count as modification.
Just to note if you use Dataloader or Workbench for SFDC you can just do an Update with the ID Field only to salesforce.
This forces a commit at the database level in SFDC with updates the SysModDateStamp and the Marketo Sync will pickup the updated records.
Benefit of this is you do not have to change any actual data on the records.
Just an FYI