Email Link Perf reports: group by URL ignoring Query String?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Email Link Perf reports: group by URL ignoring Query String?

In reports of type Email Link Performance, every unique URL, including the Query String, is given its own line under the E-mail name.

We always add a unique ID in the QS (linked to the lead ID) for all outgoing mail.  (Note: this is the only way to get Munchkin to track web pages by Marketo Lead, so please don't bother recommending not adding this token.)

As a result, Email Link Performance reports are close to useless for us: imagine seeing 1000 individual lines with no added value, each with one click and one lead (it's actually even worse than that as we have multiple clickable URLs per e-mail).

Is there any way to get a report with the exact same data, only rolled-up (grouped) by http://host/path, regardless of Query String? 
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Link Perf reports: group by URL ignoring Query String?

No, probably not. You could try exporting the smart list of people and the columns involved, then using Excel.

If you have RCE, it might be possible to add that field to help.
ejarvi
Level 1

I see this question was asked quite awhile ago. I'm struggling with this exact issue. Wondering if anyone has come up with a solution since this was first asked?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Wow, an oldie from my pre-expert days!  Ain't asked any questions in awhile. 🙂

There's no built-in workaround but you can use JS to strip your extra parameters before loading Munchkin, then only the simpler URL will be logged. Just like Marketo does with the mkt_tok query param.