SOLVED

How can you tell the first page an anonymous lead visited if they were cookied 90+ days ago?

Go to solution
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

How can you tell the first page an anonymous lead visited if they were cookied 90+ days ago?

I am trying to identify the first page an anonymous lead visited on our website - or, where an anonymous lead was cookied. The Created At filter tells you when the lead was cookied but not where. Since Marketo archives data on visited web pages after 90 days, I'm not sure how to find the lead's first touchpoint with our website. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can you tell the first page an anonymous lead visited if they were cookied 90+ days ago?

My understanding is that you need to have a smart campaign in place to save that type of information to a custom field when that new lead is created.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can you tell the first page an anonymous lead visited if they were cookied 90+ days ago?

My understanding is that you need to have a smart campaign in place to save that type of information to a custom field when that new lead is created.  
Adam_Vavrek1

That's what I'm gathering too. i need to look up how to do that exactly.

I wish Entry Date was accessible from smart campaigns and/or the activity logs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you figure out a work around? 
Adam_Vavrek1

Hi Courtney,

I created a Trigger that looks like this (screenshot below). It enters this information into a custom field I created called "First Page Visited as Anonymous Lead." 

Unless requested specifically to Support, Marketo will not increase this 90 page deletion window. And they can't access that information once the 90 days are up. 

0EM50000000T34o.png