Creating email templates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating email templates

I do not know html but I need to create a new email template.  How do I do that?
Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: Creating email templates

Templates.marketo.com is a good place to start, but you'll probably want to bring on someone who knows some HTML otherwise things can be a bit difficult.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please check out perkuto.com for help creating templates.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Darren,

Please let us know, if we can help you in creating the responsive assets on Marketo. Since, we are an offshore company and can help you with the offshore rates as well. You can email me at haris@grazitti.com or call at 650-585-6640 and I can show you sample responsive email templates.
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks everyone -not the answers I was looking for.  I've got to say, this is totally ridiculous there isn't a even a wizzard to build these out.  I know hubspot and pardot offer this function.  Most likely not renewing and switching vendors.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Couldn't agree more.  Feels like being held hostage.  I asked that specific question when I was looking at options and was told we could create our own - even if we did not know html.  Fact is, you can't.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

You can download some more free templates from Go Responsive for all your Marketing Campaigns .

We will be adding guided template version for these soon.

Regards,

Alok

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

I completely agree that it's ridiculous that you can't just create your email templates using drag and drop. I used Hubspot before and it was perfect!! Even the V2 templates that Marketo offers are not helpful at all because you can't necessarily make the changes you want.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I agree that templates.marketo.com is a great place to start. You can also get responsive ones from knak. They easily tie into Marketo and you get one editable one for free (though if you sign up for the trial, you'll shortly receive a code to get free 30 days). I've downloaded them all and they're fantastic.

I'm not sure where you are in your implementation, but it's incredibly expensive to switch vendors if you already have programs running and backend work integrated into your website. Don't let this hiccup sway you

Leticia_DoPrado
Level 5

Hi Jenn,

I've used Knak templates and although I believe they are an OK solution (not a 100% solution because once they are downloaded and into Marketo, if you want to make any changes to it, you have to go into the code or back into Knak and re-download and re-upload into Marketo), I don't think we should have to go to consultants just to create drag and drop email templates.

Emails are an essential part of our job as Marketers and a Marketing Automation platform should be catering to that and should be designed with their end-users in mind --a lot (if not most) of whom are not coders.