Synopsis of Role:
The Search Marketing Coordinator works closely supporting the search team for day to day management of search campaigns across multiple accounts in Google Adwords, and Bing/Yahoo. This role assists in planning, implementing, analyzing, and optimizing of American Public University System’s (APUS) paid search campaigns to meet organizational goals. Additionally, the incumbent provides SEO analysis and recommendations as requested.
- Supports the management of large and complex search accounts in Google Adwords and Bing/Yahoo.
- Implements and updates a variety of pay per click (PPC) enhancements such as sitelinks, callout extensions, and review extensions.
- Researches and recommends new keywords and negative keywords.
- Provides ad copy recommendations based on A/B testing of ads and implements in search campaigns along with monthly refreshes of remarketing ads.
- Assists in the management of display advertising of banners and video ads on the Google Display Network.
- Aids in the creation of new paid search campaigns across multiple PPC ad platforms.
- Supports optimization efforts of the accounts on a regular basis to meet goals and improve campaign performance (bid adjustments/copy/landing pages).
- Assists as needed with daily and monthly budget pacing; maintains and monitors various account metrics such as keyword bids, click-through rate (CTR), quality score, etc.
- Conducts analysis of campaigns and providing actionable recommendations based upon past performance and future targets.
- Produces periodic reports at various levels and frequencies, such as daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Executes and reports results for A/B testing for campaigns and landing pages.
- Maintains a pulse on search and industry trends including up-to-date knowledge of Google and Bing tools, standards and policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Standard office environment three days a week with an opportunity to work remotely for up to two days per week at manager’s discretion.
- Certain periods of the year may require five days per week in the office with limited opportunity to work remotely.
- Required Skills
- Strong analytical skills, including intermediate Excel.
- Ability to analyze data for trends and anomalies to make recommendations for adjusting campaigns.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively; excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Experience working with Google Adwords and experience with Bing/Yahoo Ads is a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver assigned duties on time.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in PPC with setting up, running, testing and analyzing paid search campaigns.
- Business to consumer marketing experience required.
- Experience in Google Adwords and Editor with Bing/Yahoo knowledge a plus.
- Google Adwords certification desirable but not required.
- Experience with analytics platforms like Google Analytics a plus.
- Job Location
- Manassas, Virginia, United States
- Position Type