Second Revenue Model

Anonymous
Not applicable

Second Revenue Model

Hi!
We are in the process of implementing a second life cycle/Revenue Model in the application to support two very different aspects of our business.  We already have a complex, upsell model running, but we would like to track our efforts to recruit Partner accounts for various offerings separately as it is not related to our main path of success.  Does anyone have resources or links to resources we can use to best model this second path?  How can I be sure that I am sending any net-new leads into the second model as I identify them as Partner leads versus product leads?

I contacted Support and they suggested that I start a thread out here for tips.
Thanks,
Maria
2 REPLIES 2
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Second Revenue Model

I haven't seen a lot out there about implementing a second revenue model in the same instance. This post by Jeff Coveney kind of hints at it, although this is more for creating a model for upsell/cross-sell vs. a completely different line of business that would run simultaneously as a second model. 

I haven't done it but if I was to tackle creating a parallel model, I think you would need
  • some kind of master field that identifies which type of lead it is (partner vs. product)
  • a second lifecycle stage field that maps to the funnel of your second revenue model 
  • in your revenue stages for each model, add a filter to say type = partner or type = product
  • map the revenue stages for each model to its relevant lifecycle stage field 

Come back and share how it's working if you do implement this! I'd be curious to see. 

Justin Norris | Perkuto
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Second Revenue Model

You can have up to 15 models running depending on what version of marketo you have.

Justin is right that you need to ensure a way to identify who should be in which model:
  • Partner
  • Regular End User
or
  • Product Y
  • Product X