Referrer parameters in autofill

Bonni_Graham_Go
Level 2

Referrer parameters in autofill

Hi folks! I'm hoping some kind soul out there can help me. I would like to be able to populate a hidden field on a form based on the page the visitor to our website came FROM. The help makes it clear that this is possible through autofill referrer parameter; however, the help does not give a good example of what they syntax should be for that value. Can anyone give me a real-world example of what that value might look like?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Referrer parameters in autofill

The referrer (document.referrer) value is a full URL, for example "https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionHome?tabType=Recent". 

Perhaps I'm not sure what you're asking about, but you can use a URL-formatted text field or a basic text field to store that value on the lead. Since it's just a hidden field it might as well be plain text.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Referrer parameters in autofill

Hi Bonni,

If you have built landing pages with the forms in marketo which the visitor will have to go through first to end up on your website you can use the URL builder to help you create the parameter value
0EM50000000T2ph.jpg

Once you're in there it will give the hidden url parameter to fill in with whatever you like  and make it as long as you like. It will then give the complete url to use. Avoid using any special characters like !"%$&, and to space out the words you should use  _ or -. An example would be: marketo_community_2015-03.

I really hope this helps