Lead record opening when clicked in list view

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lead record opening when clicked in list view

Is anyone else experiencing anything strange in their list views?
Usually to open up a leads record from a smart list i have to click the Lead ID but for some reason if i click anywhere on my smart list the leads record opens.... very strange and a little annoying!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Lead record opening when clicked in list view

Karen - it should just highlight it orange.  Based on your inability to select an all-inclusive list (that you indicated here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000KJMYAA4), I wonder if you have something going on with how your mouse is configured.  Sounds like a single click is registering a double-click for you.
Matthew_Libanio
Level 2

I have a similar issue with IE 11 I find, but when I put compatibility mode on.  I find that IE and Firefox are very problematic with Marketo in general though.  Chrome provides the smoothest experience and everything just seems to work flawlessly.  I don't use Chrome for anything else, as I don't like it.  But whatever makes my day easier.
Dan_Stevens_

I have the most success with Firefox.  IE has gotten better; and Chrome is great unless we're working within the email editor (where undesired code/formatting is often introduced).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dan - maybe you are right, but it does not happen everytime I click a lead. It just seems to happen sometimes. I have always used Chrome for Marketo and I have never experienced this...
Would you mind sharing some examples of what you experience in the email editor when using Chrome?

Thanks so much.
Dan_Stevens_

Karen - I, along with others, had experienced issues when using Chrome in Marketo's email editor.  For example, when a soft line break was added (SHIFT-ENTER), instead of adding a simple <br /> tag, Chrome would enter a bunch of extra code.  I think this also has to do with the tinyMCE editor that Marketo continues to use for their HTML editor.  See the post to the community from last year here - where Firefox is typically recommended across both platforms: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PqWGAA0
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah I see, thank you for shring this information with me.
It is really good to know.