SOLVED

How can I set the action that should happen after a contact clicks a button?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I set the action that should happen after a contact clicks a button?

Newbie here - forgive the basic question!

I understand how to redirect someone to a landing page or URL after they click a button. I'm unsure how to make a change happen in the lead database based on the action.

Here's the scenario:
On my Unsubscribe page, one option is to receive fewer emails. When selected, I want to push the contact into a specific "fewer emails" stream. How do I make that happen?

0EM50000000SzAJ.jpg

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: How can I set the action that should happen after a contact clicks a button?

Don't really need triggers to set a value. If this is a Forms 2.0 question (as tagged) then you can create a form with a hidden checkbox set to checked by default. Then you label the submit button "Send me fewer emails" as above. When someone submits the form, the value on the lead is updated, by definition.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How can I set the action that should happen after a contact clicks a button?

Hi Jessica,

Do you have a field in the database that keeps record of this action?
If you had a tickbox field for example, you could set up a trigger in the system to say:

Trigger:
Click link on webpage: Link being the landing page the leads will be taken to once they click the button 'Send me fewer emails'. (I assume it will be another follow up landing page saying Thank you for choosing this option)
Webpage is: The webpage that the button is on.

Flow:
Change Data Value: Attribute: (the name of the tick box field i suggested earlier)
New value: True

Hope this helps 🙂
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Don't really need triggers to set a value. If this is a Forms 2.0 question (as tagged) then you can create a form with a hidden checkbox set to checked by default. Then you label the submit button "Send me fewer emails" as above. When someone submits the form, the value on the lead is updated, by definition.