Does the Marketo Sales Insight append information when merged with another lead that already has insights.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the Marketo Sales Insight append information when merged with another lead that already has insights.

We are in the process of cleaning up our database.  We have thousands of duplicates.  What happens to the Marketo Sales Insights if we merge records?  Do the insights get appended if there are insights in both records that are being merged?  Question applies for both a Marketo Merge or a Salesforce and Demand Tools merge.

Pete
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

Re: Does the Marketo Sales Insight append information when merged with another lead that already has insights.

In my experience, yes. Any activities, interesting moments, email history, etc. do get combined / appended when you merge records.....both from the Marketo side and the SFDC side.

We don't use Demand Tools so I can't speak to that process, although since it basically works with SFDC data I don't assume it would be any different.

As with any big data cleanup projects, it would be a good idea to export / back up the data before you proceed just in case.