Updating leads information with Excel spreadsheet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating leads information with Excel spreadsheet?

Dear community.
                        First of all, pardon my English. I have a question regarding updating leads information in Marketo. We were rushed to send an email so we had to import a "dirty" list and send the email using that list, so new leads were created but with errors in "First Name " and "Last Name" fields. 

We have made changes and fix errors in the list, but I have the changes in an excel document, is there a way I can Massivly change first and last name from the leads I have already uploaded? I thought of downloading the current data base and adding "ID" column to the list that has the changes and try something like uploadin the list again and somehow magically Marketo will recognize the changes. So you can imagine how lost I am, can anyone give me a hand with this?

Pablo López Carrara

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Updating leads information with Excel spreadsheet?

Hi Pablo,

Assuming that there are no duplicate emails in your Excel spreadsheet, you can simply update the First Name and Last Name columns on your sheet and upload them again along with the email address. Marketo associates all changes based on email address (rather than ID.)

Also, I'd like to give a minor plug for Kutools for Excel, which is awesome at cleaning up cases, splitting out names all in one column into two, etc., when working with Excel sheets.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Updating leads information with Excel spreadsheet?

Just make sure those fields aren't field blocked.