SOLVED

My comment field on my form is required but I am getting Not Provided for some people

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

My comment field on my form is required but I am getting Not Provided for some people

I have a form and one of my fields is a comment field called Regarding. This is a required field on my Contact Us form. 

Once the form is submitted, I get an email notification letting me know that a new lead has been identified and then provides me with all of their information they just put in the Contact Us form.

Usually, all of the fields are sent over filled in when I get my email. However, I have seen two or three come in recently with Not Provided (my token default if a line is not filled in) in the Regarding field. 

Does anyone have any insight on how they would be able to fill out the form without filling in the required field, or if something else is happening here?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: My comment field on my form is required but I am getting Not Provided for some people

I've had this happen a number of times with embedded forms. It has something to do with Java/their browser and there is pretty much nothing you can do except send them a follow up email asking for the information. (IE if regarding field = not provided, then send email with form to collect etc).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Re: My comment field on my form is required but I am getting Not Provided for some people

I've had this happen a number of times with embedded forms. It has something to do with Java/their browser and there is pretty much nothing you can do except send them a follow up email asking for the information. (IE if regarding field = not provided, then send email with form to collect etc).
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Could have just put a space in it perhaps.