Can a lead exist in two different engagement programs at once?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a lead exist in two different engagement programs at once?

Here's what I have...there are three different engagement programs going based on the leads' persona type. If the lead stops responding to their specific engagement program's emails, we then send them a "How can we serve you better" email. This email has two links and depending on which one they click, they will transition to one of the other two engagement programs.

So the question is can a lead exist in two engagement programs at once? And if yes, how do I remove the lead from the one program before I add them to the other?

Thanks,

Mike
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Kim_Allen
Level 10

Re: Can a lead exist in two different engagement programs at once?

Hi Mike,

Yes a lead can exist in two engagement programs at once. It can't be in more than one stream in one engagement program but can def be part of multiple programs. You'll need to set up a smart campaign (sounds like in your case it would be triggered off of which link they click?) and the flow would be to pause the engagement program they are part of.

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the quick reply! Would I also be able to just remove the lead from the current engagement program using the Change Program Flow action to > not in program? Then below in the flow I could add them to a new engagement program.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes Mike,

I had an entire thing for you, but it looks like the system erased it.

Your routing flow should listen for a Data Value Change, then check if the lead is a Member of Engagement X or Y, then Add them to the new Engagement, while removing them from the other one.

There are three exit methods:
  • Change Status = Not in Program (lose data)
  • Pause
  • Move to an empty Stream (pauses, keeps data).
So keep that in mind.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh!

Those are great answers. If we remove the lead from the program, what is the data that we lose?