Is SFDC ID available as a smart list filter?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is SFDC ID available as a smart list filter?

I am running a campaign that uses SFDC ID as a token and I want to make sure that I am not emailing anyone whose SFDC ID is empty. When I tried to add this filter to my campaign's smart list, I found that SFDC ID does not show up in the list of available filters. Is this by design?

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

- Doug
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Is SFDC ID available as a smart list filter?

Hi Doug,

You could create a new custom field in Marketo called "SFDC ID" and add this information in yourself (I would import a .csv file with two columns: Email and SFDC ID. Then, you'll be able to pull in SFDC ID as a filter in your Smart List.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Adam is correct you could do this, however, your SFDC ID should appear in Marketo as long as the User can see this field. There are two ways to identify SFDC records:

SFDC Type=Contact, Lead
SFDC Lead ID which should be available. Honestly it is a bit risky to use Adam's method because it might conflict with the sync id # and it won't be regularly updated.

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

You can copy the SFDC IDs into custom fields using tokens, no need to do a list upload. These are the tokens: 
  • {{lead.SFDC Contact Id}}
  • {{lead.SFDC Lead Id}}
  • {{company.SFDC Account Id}}
Use those in a Change Data Value. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

In this particular case, I am much more interested in screening out any leads whose SFDC ID is empty, I do not care as much about their particular value, nor do I want to change the value that SFDC had assigned.
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

@Doug: then Josh's answer is spot-on, use SFDC Type[person]=Lead,Contact