AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reducing Database Size

Question asked by 50871 on Jan 2, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 by 50871
I know there has been discussion here in the past on reducing your database size back down to its contracted limit, but I want to confirm the process. I've heard that Marketo does not include invalid email addresses against your database count. Is that true?

Also, has there been a good solution developed to deal with unsubscribed leads? It seems that an unsubscribed lead is pointless to have in a marketing database, except for the fact that you need to know that they are unsubscribed (and except for customers and partners who unsubscribe but still receive operational emails). Does Marketo have sort of a "storage room" ability, where these leads sit in a closet somewhere and serve no purpose other than to reserve their place as having unsubscribed? It seems unfortunate that they should count against your number, but at the same time, it isn't in your best interest to remove their subscription information. I've seen the solution offered to transfer these leads to an external list before deleting, but having to scrub against a large spreadsheet with each upload would be tedious, not to mention having to do the same with all leads that re-enter through the API. You would also have to continually update your spreadsheet after each campaign. Yikes.

I'd love to hear ideas of what others are doing to solve this!

Outcomes