SOLVED

Account Based Score - Best Way to Create?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account Based Score - Best Way to Create?

We need to create an account-based lead score so that we can see the most engaged accounts in our database (vs. just the most engaged individuals). I know that marketo doesn't support this, but what is the best way to create this (either in Marketo or SFDC). 

The one issue I see is that if you just took all of the contacts on an account and averaged their lead scores, it may not be accurate as some accounts may have many contacts and only a few highly engaged. This could bring down the lead score average for that account when in fact they have the two key people engaged. 

Is there a best practice for hacking together an account-based score?

Erin
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Account Based Score - Best Way to Create?

Hi Erin,

Other than adding up all the Contact Scores = Account Score, taking a median sounds good. If you want to take into account that two key people are engaged, you can score on that as well. By "engaged" I suspect you mean they are talking to a Salesperson? If so, you could add points based on Status or if sales creates an activity.

But if you mean some leads are doing more behaviors, then you shouldn't worry about this. Your scores should reflect that some folks are engaged and some aren't. So if one person is downloading alot of stuff, and no one else is, then your Account Score should definitely reflect that.

Another way to handle this is to get a predictive scoring service that looks at all account behaviors and past Opp data to make a prediction. Maybe all Accounts with 1 person initially downloading stuff go on to big sales, because that person was tasked with an RFP and is serious about making something happen.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Account Based Score - Best Way to Create?

Hi Erin,

Other than adding up all the Contact Scores = Account Score, taking a median sounds good. If you want to take into account that two key people are engaged, you can score on that as well. By "engaged" I suspect you mean they are talking to a Salesperson? If so, you could add points based on Status or if sales creates an activity.

But if you mean some leads are doing more behaviors, then you shouldn't worry about this. Your scores should reflect that some folks are engaged and some aren't. So if one person is downloading alot of stuff, and no one else is, then your Account Score should definitely reflect that.

Another way to handle this is to get a predictive scoring service that looks at all account behaviors and past Opp data to make a prediction. Maybe all Accounts with 1 person initially downloading stuff go on to big sales, because that person was tasked with an RFP and is serious about making something happen.