SOLVED

Export All Columns...recommendations?

Go to solution
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Export All Columns...recommendations?

Hi Community!

I have a rather larger list of leads I'd like to export from Marketo to be stored in an external database (we're cleaning out our inactive records to reduce our database size).  

Ideally, I would like the export file to have all fields and data associated with the leads in this list, but with the size of the list and the number of fields we have in Marketo, I'm concerned that the export will fail due to the size or could create a conflict with other processes that are running (e.g. email sends, triggers).  Has anyone else done something like this? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Export All Columns...recommendations?

I am actually doing this right now as well. I just exported all columns for 240k leads (a lot of columns). It took about 24 hours to complete, and the file is over 370MB. It worked without any impact on the campaign queue. Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am actually doing this right now as well. I just exported all columns for 240k leads (a lot of columns). It took about 24 hours to complete, and the file is over 370MB. It worked without any impact on the campaign queue. Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would stagger the export. You can do this by using lead first name field and have the constraint "starts with "A, B, C, D, E" in the first set, then create another list and export the next set of letters, until you get through the entire alphabet. That way you can have a lot of columns but won't bog down the system exporting thousands of leads.